Friday, August 29, 2014

Outbound

Wrote this last weekend and am just getting around to posting it...

A patchwork quilt of brown and green stretched out from my window. The captain had just informed us that we had begun our final descent I to Kansas City. A city I've never been to, a city I won't really be going to. Not staying, not really visiting. Just another stop on my way to someplace else. Life is full of "stops" just like this one. Places we never intended on going. Places we have to go through in order to get where we actually want to go. Places that might not be that bad if the circumstances were a bit different. Places we would have avoided if we had a choice. Places filled with people coming and going. People trying to get to some place else. People who are content to be right where they are. People like me, watching the condensation run down the side of a cold pint, waiting. Waiting for some where, some thing else.  Waiting for new and different. Just plane waiting. So, I sit here watching the people go by. Watching the drops soak into my cocktail napkin. Content be be where I am, waiting to get to the next place, remembering the places that I left behind to get where I want to go. Watching. Waiting. Remembering.

No comments:

Post a Comment